Tuesday, September 28, 2010

So many rivers, but do they all reach the sea??

We're studying creation (which has do with your worldview) in Sunday School. I've heard it all before, but I'm eating it up. Melody, who's teaching said the funniest thing Sun. Imagine a tiny white girl, with really curly blonde hair, with a fake southern accent say: "I believe in 6 day creations. Yalls are going to hellll!" I almost fell out of my chair laughing. She was actually trying to prove a point, not just be silly. When you come into contact with people that have beliefs contrary to yours, you have to talk to them with tact and love.
I'm a worldview nut. As in for fun, i read textbooks like "Understanding the Times" to gain more knowledge on religions and world views. Go ahead, call me a nerd. BECAUSE ITS TRUE. Like last night, I helped a friend with her worldview paper. I was so excited to share my knowledge, i jumped up and down. Sooo I'm going to pursue some type of schooling in that area. Totally not sure exactly what, and exactly where, but I'm leaving that up to God. Next summer I'm going to Summit in Dayton TN. Its an intensive 2 week world view camp. You get to take lots of classes, dealing with pretty much everything. Im really stoked. 2 Corinthians10:5 says: "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." I think its really important that Christians know what we believe! This world is full of different religions and worldviews, and the devil is trying to distract us from growing closer our Savior.
And so, now you now my secret! I'm a nerd. Thats not my real secret, buts its close enough ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment