Friday, September 24, 2010

A Crazy Passion of Mine!

So this is actually and old "note" from Facebook, but i wanted it in my blog :)
some of you might know that i plan to adopt children one day. lots of you make fun of me for it. for some reason, orphans just call my name. not orphans from the US but from Brasil, Uganda and Haiti. when i see pictures, or think about the kids, i cry. i really do. i was just looking at my cousin Riley's pictures from her missions trip to Haiti. i balled like a baby looking at those pictures. my heart aches for the people there. my arms ache to hold the kids who need a mom. you might think im crazy at age 18, already knowing that im gonna adopt kids. i dont care. im in love with those kids, that i dont even know.

the Bible says in James 1:27 " pure and undefiled religion before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble,and to keep one self unspotted from the world"
i claim this verse as my creed. i am called to take care of the orphans. God has laid this on my heart, so i know He'll do whatever it takes for me to adopt and take care of as many kids as i can. 

i want to travel. travel and take care of those kids. i want to be a missionary, but only short term. i want to be able to go all around the world, seeing different people groups, and sharing the Good News!
this summer, i hope to go to Haiti. i might be going with Rapid Response Ministry, my dad is on their board. Haiti is calling my name! i need to go answer that call.

to sum this all up, you see there is a lot im planning to do! what excites me the most, is that my Heavenly Daddy is preparing an AWESOME husband for me, that has the same passions that i have!! i cant even express how excited i am. i know its wayyy in the future but the wait is worth it.

im so passionate about this stuff. i hope you can see it. i hope its infectious. i hope you see the plan God has for you.

Here Am I Lord, Send Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment